There was a day
Ten years gone
I lost my friend
My friend lost his brother
Mother lost her boy
Father lost his son
Imagine that day
Your last waking hour
As you take your last
We clutch, We gasp
Not one among us is ready
For what reality is about to rain down upon us
Just one more silence
And you're gone and you've passed
What's to do with what's left of you?
The pain is real
The tears are real
The loss is real
So we all steal a piece of what you were
We take it and praise it
I'm talking about the fun, the smile, the hope and the dream...
So RUN BRIAN RUN, just as fast as you can
they said: quit, stop, drop.
You Said: What are you talking about? Run, Run, Run. I won't stop until I'm done!
- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED (Copyright B.P.F. 2011) -
Very nice poem Brian...I too miss my boy very much. Everytime I come across something we used to do or places we used to frequent, he pops a quick smile on my face and then I realize he's in a good place.
ReplyDelete-Sierra-